•Elizabeth Mrazik-Cleaver Canadian Picture Book Award (Dancing with Daisy, shortlisted)
• Governor General’s Literary Awards-Young People’s Literature-Illustrated Books (Le pelleteur de nuages, shortlisted)
• Prix Harry Black (Le pelleteur de nuages, shortlisted)
• Prix Mélèze-Forest of Reading (Le pelleteur de nuages, shortlisted)
• Prix illustration, Salon du livre de Trois-Rivières (Ma tête en l’air)
• Blue Spruce Award (Milo and Georgie, shortlisted)
• Marilyn Baillie Picture Book Award (The Snow Knows)
• Applied Arts Illustration Awards (Light on Biodiversity-ocean)
• Lillian Shepherd memorial Award for Excellence in Illustration (The Snow Knows, shortlisted)
• Guest of honour, Salon du Livre de Montréal
As a young girl, Josée loved drawing cats and houses. She really enjoyed school and always returned home full of stories to tell. She liked being in the classroom so much that she pursued her education all the way to university, where she studied graphic design. It was there that she fell in love with illustration.
Since 2005, with scissors and brushes in hand, Josée has illustrated more than 30 children’s books, as well as magazines and newspapers for adults, all around the world.
Josée lives just outside of Montreal with her spouse, their 3 children one hairless cat and many paper characters.
For assignments in Canada, contact me at info(at)joseebisaillon.com
For assignments outside Canada, please contact my rep, Morgan Gaynin Inc, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reproductions of my illustrations are available at surtonmur.com